How to Remove Banana Stains
Banana stains may seem harmless but the truth is that they can be really difficult to remove, especially once they set in. Don’t make your task harder but treat banana stains as soon as they occur. Here are a few tips you can use to remove banana stains no matter whether the affected item is carpeting, upholstery or clothing.
- Mix a small amount of laundry detergent with hot water. If you have domestic carpet cleaner available, use it instead of laundry detergent.
- Pour the solution directly on the banana stain. Make sure all affected areas of the carpet are thoroughly saturated.
- Blot the stain with paper towels. Simply press the paper towel over the stained area and then change it with new one until the blemish is gone. Do not scrub the stain by any way or you may push the banana residue further into the carpet fibres.
- Rinse the area with lukewarm water. Soak up any excess water with paper towels. Again, blot instead of scrubbing.
- If the banana stain remains, let the spot dry completely overnight, then treat it with a carpet stain removing solutions, which you can purchase from any hardware or grocery store. Make sure to follow the directions on the product’s label for best results.
- Once the area is dry again, vacuum the spot to remove any residue. Usually, the banana stain should be gone by now. If not, consider taking advantage of the affordable olympic cleaning London services provided by the cleaning experts.
- Avoid cleaning fabrics like, velvet, suede,silk and rayon on your own, as you may damage them. Instead, take delicate and valuable fabrics to a dry cleaner. For all other types of fabric, follow the tips below.
- Put machine-washable fabrics affected by a banana stain in a basin of hot water mixed with some enzyme pre-wash stain remover. Let the article of clothing soak for about half an hour.
- Rinse the garment then run it through the washing machine, using the hottest water the fabric can handle. Check the garment label for details.
- If the stain persists, wash the piece of clothing again using a little mild bleach. This may be needed in cases when the banana stain has been left to set in.
Banana stains are just one of the many stains that could present a problem for you to get rid of them. If you face difficulties removing some stubborn stain or cleaning your home, you can always trust our olympic cleaning services London to take care of the matter instead of you.